Technology options are only part of what is required for sustainable development. Behaviour change is also needed.
This section of our site introduces technologies that have proved useful in parts of the world. Search by key word to find ideas of interest, using the search function in the top bar.
In addition, here are some links to resources you may find helpful:
- General guideline on water technologies (PDF) 3.2 MB
- General guideline on Hygiene (PDF) 584 KB
- General guideline on Sanitation (PDF) 2 MB
- Useful resources from Akvo.org on Water, Sanitation, Finance, Sustainability, Decision and Assessment Tools, Food and nutrition security.
- World Bank. 2018. Solar pumping : the basics (English). Washington, D.C. : World Bank Group. http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/880931517231654485/Solar-pumping-the-basics
- See also video on solar pumping