Technology options are only part of what is required for sustainable development. Behaviour change is also needed.
This section of our site introduces technologies that have proved useful in parts of the world. Search by key word to find ideas of interest, using the search function in the top bar.
WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene)
- Community Health Promotion – recent webinars on various approaches
- General guideline on water technologies (PDF) 3.2 MB
- General guideline on Hygiene (PDF) 584 KB
- General guideline on Sanitation (PDF) 2 MB
- Useful resources from Akvo.org on Water, Sanitation, Finance, Sustainability, Decision and Assessment Tools, Food and nutrition security.
- Great resource on water quality testing: https://www.aquagenx.com/e-coli-test-kits/
- WHO testing of HWTS (household water treatment and safe storage) options Round 2 – 2019.
- Discussion paper on approaches to improving agriculture in Africa that will address the needs of fragile small-holders from The Howard Buffett Foundation
ENERGY EFFICIENCY & RENEWABLES